Enterprise risk management is a process, effected by a company’s board of directors, management and other personnel. Applied across the enterprise, it is designed to identify potential events that may affect the entity, and manage risk within its risk appetite.
Our Enterprise Risk Management services include:
- Risk Categorization, Profiling and Rating
- Integrated Corporate Risk Management
- Credit Risk Management
Risk Profiling involves the identification of risk variables and matching them together to forecast future events of imperfections in companies. Risk rating methods are used to minimize the peril of political, economic and business risk faced by these clients.
Typical client challenges:
- Establishing a proper risk profile plan
- Assessing risk that relate to the organization.
- Identifying areas of operational improvement that would result in a significant reduction in risk
- Implement new risk management tool/ policy (e.g. Bassle II)
Ashford & McGuire’s ValuePlus Solutions:
- Assisting clients design and implement risk profile plan.
- Measuring of both quantitative and non quantitative risk relating to the organization’s social and environmental issues
- Prepare contingency plan against systemic distress
The underlying premise of corporate risk management is that every entity exists to provide value for its stakeholders. All entities face uncertainty and the challenge for management is to determine acceptable levels of uncertainty in growing stakeholder value. Uncertainty presents both risks and opportunities, with the potential to either erode or enhance value.
Typical client challenges:
- How to identify the risks inherent in an organization.
- Assessing and analyzing risk faced by client companies.
- Establishing policies and procedures to mitigate risk.
- Monitoring and modifying policies as may be appropriate.
Ashford & McGuire’s ValuePlus solutions:
- Evaluation of internal and external events affecting the optimal achievement of an organization’s objectives.
- Assessment of inherent and residual risks.
- Analysis of impact and likelihood.
- Aligning risk with an organization’s risk tolerance limits
- Ensuring control measures are effectively implemented.
Now more than ever, credit managers are reassessing how they can generate profits in granting credit while avoiding preventable
losses. Increasingly complex organizations, programs, and transaction structures as well as financial leverage, volatile markets, and a depressed business cycle have contributed to deteriorating credit quality and increasing losses.
Typical Client Challenges:
- Default volumes are on the increase.
- The company has an undefined risk management structure.
- Risk management does not have the information it needs to take informed credit decisions.
- The organization is not effectively measuring and pricing risk.
Ashford & McGuire‘s credit risk management services will assist in solving these challenges by:
- Use of effective methods for risk identification, reporting, and management to reduce default
- Recommending options that meet the organization’s risk management needs.
- Aligning credit risk methodologies, processes, and tools with leading risk practices.
- Provision of advisory services in credit risk review, organization, measurement and reporting
- Redesigning credit risks management system.